09 June 2011

Day 5: big buildings and erector sets

Long day, so tired. S is already asleep. Short post. Many photos. Here's what we did:

Eiffel Tower (I climbed it)


Palais de Tokyo (lunch and exhibits)
Arc de Triomphe (we climbed it - this man inside is upset because a dragon is on his head)


Champs Elysees (we did it without going broke)


Petit Palais (sort of)


Grande Palais (sort of)


A big obelisk (in the plaza where Old King Louie got shortened a little bit - and if you look closely, you can see the obelisk, the National Assembly, the Invalides, the Eiffel Tower, AND the Arc de Triomphe in this one photo)


Some old Gardens (this was where S's feet started to really hurt)


Musee d'Orsay (beautiful! - but no photos allowed - sorry!)

After the Musee d'Orsay, S was pooped. I had a couple more things I wanted to shoot and record, so she went home while I trekked across town, past the Invalides (Napoleon built this - not by himself)


and back to the Eiffel Tower. I found a lovely carousel spinning nearby:


And when dusk came and the sodium lights turned on, the Eiffel Tower was hot like nobody's business. I'm going to process some HDR shots soon, but for now, I'll leave you with this (yes, I took it, and yes, I'm glad I bought that wide lens!)

No comments: