17 June 2008

Italy 08: Day 5, part 2

Last night was not as productive as I would have liked, on many levels. There was too much wind and traffic to get a good recording of the bells. The first show we saw at 6pm was a very well-done commedia piece in French, but as I'm not a commedia scholar and I don't speak French, I was bored. Jaymi and I went for dinner after, and we ended up missing the highlight of the evening, which was a Hungarian student dressed as a cowboy doing an impersonation of Elvis singing 'Swing Low, Sweet Chariot.' After that, we saw another American group perform, but it was pretty disappointing and offensive. At midnight, we began load-in for our show but since the other group loading in had a first-time lighting designer, we ended up getting nothing done. I left early to go back to my room to edit our preshow cues, finally crawling into bed at about 3am.

Today is our long day. It's 9 now. We have rehearsal from 10-5, and then a performance at 9. Wheee!

No comments: