20 July 2009

safe in Tokyo. I am le tired.

Arrived safe and sound in Tokyo. Ian and Reiko met me at the airport, where we had lunch before taking three trains across town to get back to his apartment.

We dropped my stuff off and headed back out to Akihabara, the electronics district in Tokyo. I scoped out prices on the Nikon D5000, but they're way more pricey here than in the US. Also, the cameras are not in stock - they'd have to order it for me. Guess I'm buying a camera when I get back to the states.

We had dinner in Akihabara and then headed back to to Ian's place. Reiko peeled off to go back to her home. Tomorrow, we'll get up and head to Kamakura, a seaside town near Tokyo, for a few days of visiting shrines and oversized Buddhas. Expect some photos. In the meantime, here are some shots from the last few days:

Seoul:

Gandalf the white in front of a movie theatre:


A pagoda at a palace:


Me. at the palace:


A street band in Insadong:


Sandy and I, drinking soju and eating bbq:


Tokyo:

Akihabara at sunset:


Akihabara shortly after sunset:


Ian and Reiko:

No comments: