08 July 2008

fireworks and a cold

It's been a while since I last posted, so I thought it's about time for an update.

Sarah and I had a great 4th of July at our friend Lori's. She had some people over for a cookout, and then we all went down to the beach to watch the fireworks. Highlights of the afternoon
were the italian sausages, the amazing tomato salad, or the great rounds of Apples to Apples. Lowlight of the day was me catching a cold that stayed with me for a few days.

On Saturday, I tried to convince myself that I wasn't ill. I went into the U, hit the gym, but by the time I got home that night, I was definitely feeling bad.

Sunday was miserable. Sarah mocked me mercilessly (MERCILESSLY) as my nose continued to leak and leak. I killed two boxes of tissues.

Yesterday was slightly better in the morning, but got to be pretty good by the evening. Some of the clown folk from Italy got together for a small dinner party. Michael and Holly hosted, and they grilled all sorts of great food: oysters, potatoes, peppers, fish, tomatoes. Mmm. We brought some great bread, Jaymi brought cheeses, and Eli brought dessert. By the time we left the party, I was feeling better (but maybe it was the grappa).

When I get sick, the day that I look forward to most is not the day when I'm 100% better, but the day when I'm 90% better. That day is today. My body is almost completely better (stuffy nose), but I'm tired from being ill. That exhaustion, combined with the knowledge that the worst of the illness is behind me, feels great. I checked out a Room and Board showroom before heading over to a meeting at South Coast Rep. After the meeting, I went to the U, talked to my mom for an hour, and settled in for an afternoon of working. This fall, I will undergo a review at the U, so I need to spend some time preparing a comprehensive dossier. Most of this afternoon is spent going through old files and collecting the data that I'll need to make that dossier. In fact, the reason that I'm writing now is that both of my optical drives are copying data from DVDs to my hard drive. That's almost done, so it's time to get back to work!

Oh, and FB count: 407

No comments: