14 September 2023

Day 8: Tech Day 4!

 Last night, I got about 8 hours of sleep, far more than I had gotten in the past week.  Overnight, the temperature had dropped another 10 degrees as a windy storm passed through.  A bit of rain, and lots of gusty wind on the windows.  I woke up to the sounds of construction on the ground floor - huge power tools that rattled the whole apartment.

After showering and running a load of laundry, L and I hopped on our bikes and rode to the theatre.  The weather was cool and there were fallen leaves in the city.  A gusty breeze blew in my hair.  The first day of fall!  It's hard to believe that just three days ago it was 90F and we were sweating and miserable.

The morning was a cue-to-cue for Anatomy of a Home.   W spent last night building lots of video content, and we did a pass through the show to integrate the video cues.  I'm controlling the video computer via OSC, so we also needed to make sure that I was sending the right cues to Resolume. Plus, of course, small notes, adding blackouts, etc.  The afternoon rehearsal was successful, but we ended it an hour behind b/c we started an hour late.  




A quick lunch later and we came back to work on Interview the Dead.  This piece is entirely improvised, so the rehearsal was less about precision and more about making sure we had our systems setup for improvising a good design.  We tweaked video content and I adjusted my sound files.  No big deal.

After rehearsal, we went back to the apartment for a dinner.  Hans volunteered to cook a spaghetti dinner, with a DIY caprese salad.  It was delicious!  










No comments: