12 August 2008

The Happiest Place on Earth!

I have to admit that Disneyland was not one of the things that I was most looking forward to about this trip with my parents. It's commercial, expensive, crowded, and filled with small children screaming, alternately with glee (o0o0o Mickey!) or terror (oh crap! a six-foot rat!).
But, Dad thought it'd be fun, so we went.

I had a blast. We hit all the highlights (Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Star Tours, Matterhorn, Indiana Jones, The Tiki Room), some other bits (Tom Sawyer's island, lunch in New Orleans, etc.) and still didn't get it all done. We were there for about 11 hours, and we loved every minute of it.

The best part, though, was Mom. As we were waiting for the tram to take us from the parking structure to the park, she started giggling and talking about how excited she was to be there. None of us expected it, not even her. She was like a kid all day, and it was a treat to see!

We bought the photo of us on Splash Mountain, and I'll post it here once I have it scanned.

Wheee!

1 comment:

Charleston Ceramics Repair said...

YAY!!! I'm SO HAPPY that everyone had a great time! (i was going to be totally disappointed in you had you not). Maren had the great pleasure of taking me to Disneyland a few years ago for a day of fun--and I was totally like your mom! Couldn't believe how much fun it was. I then went back with the Seattle Stroud's for an equally entertaining experience. Makes me want to go back!!!