06 August 2011

Happy Birthday to me!

Today, I'm 35.

That means:
* In another lifetime's worth of life, I'll be 70.
* I've been driving for over half my life.
* I've live away from my parents for longer than I lived with them.
* I'm closer to 40 than 30.
* I'm closer to 50 than 20.
* I'm veering dangerously close to middle-age.

I've been doing a bit of reflection on events in the last year, and there have been some significant ones. I designed/scored my first Broadway show (the disappointingly-short-lived HIGH). I got tenure at the University. I took an exceptional trip-of-a-lifetime with my lovely wife. I'm continuing my design career, am improving as a teacher, and am starting to move in a new direction as a sound artist. Things are looking good, moving ahead, and I can't wait to see what exciting things I get to report when I turn 36!

No comments: