01 April 2011

Headed back to LA

I'm back in the skies, flying from New York to LA. So, time to update.

HIGH is going well. Sound is done, and I won't be back until just before opening. Last night, a group of UCI students came to see the show, and we had a talkback afterwards. The cast, director, and playwright were all there, and it was a great experience for the audience members who stayed.

Classes are back in session this week, and my colleague at the U was filling in for me this week. I'm back in the classroom next week. This quarter, I'm teaching the undergrad class that I usually teach and a grad class that has come to be one of my favorites. Plus, I'm mentoring some independent studies and advising on some productions. Also, it's time for me to get cracking on some work for Extraordinary Chambers, a new play that opens in late May. I've been doing research, but it's time to start work in earnest.

This weekend will be some catching up time with Sarah. She worked almost nonstop from August until early March, and right when she finished her last show, I took off for my USITT conference. After that, I was home for 48 hours before shipping out again for NYC. So, now that I'm back, we finally will get some time to be together!

Home for two weeks, and then back to NYC for the HIGH opening!

No comments: