11 October 2010

High in St. Louis

Back on a plane after a weekend in St. Louis. I got into town on Friday, dropped in on the theatre to check things out, and then went to housing for a run. We were in the middle of a heat wave, and it was weird to have temps in the upper 80s while the trees had red and orange leaves. Still, I was glad for another bit of fall.

Tech went well over the weekend. The show didn't change much from Cincinnati, so there weren't many changes. I had a couple of cue rebuilds, mostly to account for slight changes in entrance/exit times. When I wasn't in the theater, I was usually grabbing a dinner with Ben and Anne, who live pretty nearby. They took me to a great persian place on Saturday night, and we had a yummy breakfast on Sunday.

This morning, I went for a short run before Ben picked me up for breakfast at a nearby creperie. Then, back to the airport to catch my flight. At the airport, there was a mixup with my reservation, which caused me to be a little late through security. As I was about to get into the security line, a guy called me over to a kiosk. He asked me if I was from St. Louis. When I told him I wasn't, he started to hand me a book from his table. They were religious tracts, of the hippie/Christian variety. I told him I wasn't interested, but he wouldn't take no for an answer. Finally, I told him I had to go through security because I was late for my flight. As I got in the line, he called after me: 'maybe if you slowed down, you'd find Jesus!'

Jerk.

On a plane, flying over what looks like the Utah desert. LA soon, then home, and home, and home. S flies from Hawaii to Baton Rouge at the end of the week. Everyone is traveling!

No comments: