14 October 2009

Freesound.com

Freesound.com is a worldwide repository of sound effects. Users from around the world are encouraged to record the world around them and then post those sounds for others to use. I've been a participant for over two years now, and have uploaded dozens of sounds. One of the features of the website is that users can leave comments on sounds that they particularly like. For one of my sounds (a stream in upstate New York), I received this lovely comment:

"The river sounds ambient in my mind.
Yet presence like the control on a
studio mixing board, almost overwhelms
the ambient quality. It is like I
am there, great recording.

I'd much rather hear the river in a dentist's
office instead of I've lost that loving feeling."

Isn't it more like a poem than a comment? Lovely!

No comments: