22 February 2009

the last few weeks

These last few weeks have been pretty tough. I went into tech for Noises Off at South Coast Rep, which opened a week and a half ago. Directly after that, one of my students went into tech for a big show of his own at the U. He opened that last Friday. In the meantime, I've been teaching, prepping for next quarter, and interviewing prospective students for our MFA program. We had a few visit over the past few weeks, and another is coming tomorrow morning.

Sarah and I have been watching Dollhouse, the new Joss Whedon (Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dr. Horrible) show. The opening credits use a special effect that makes the moving pictures look like models. Sarah pointed me to a couple of links of galleries, and one of those links had a link to a how-to page. I've been playing around with some photos, and here's what I've put together:


















New Haven, Connecticut



















San Pedro, California



















Prague, Czech Republic

No comments: