Okay, so I suppose I can't really talk about the 'depth of winter' when I'm living in LA (today, sunny, high in the mid 60s), but there is less sun, more clouds, and I've been being pulled in many different directions.
Here are some projects I've been working on (in order of completion):
* Mounting HIGH in Florida for the second leg of its national tour.
* Designing TIGERS BE STILL for Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park.
* Chairing a panel at USITT on Multi-Channel Sound. I'm bringing in the Push The Button gang, and we'll be creating a few pieces to demonstrate some concepts.
* Writing a score for MOTHER COURAGE at UCI. Six-piece band, plus singers!
* Designing JITNEY at South Coast Rep.
* Creating, designing, and scoring WAR OF THE CLOWNS for The National Theater of Romania.
That'll take me through mid-June. In addition, I'm teaching a full load, researching and prepping a new class for next year, interviewing candidates for our MFA program, and trying to be a good husband.