25 February 2011

13 hours in New York

Last night, after work, I went to grab a bite and a few drinks with some friends. After dinner, I took off for LAX, where I had to catch an overnight flight to NYC. Standing in the boarding line, I popped a sleeping pill. I boarded the plane, found might seat, and promptly passed out. I don't remember the doors closing, the safety announcement, the take-off... Nothing.

I awoke mid-air, about 45 minutes before landing. The seat was uncomfortable, so I tossed and turned a bit in my chair. We landed at about 5.45 am and I immediately took off for midtown.

I'm sitting in a Starbucks now, sipping a coffee and checking my email before a breakfast meeting. That meeting is at 8.30. Then, I have another meeting at 10. And one at noon. And one at 2. And one at 4. I'll leave that meeting early to head back to the airport to catch my flight back to LA. And hopefully catch some shuteye.

In other news, S and I bought our plane tickets for our honeymoon! It's gonna be a tremendous trip, and we're really looking forward to it! We've done very little pleasure traveling together, so this trip is hard-earned. Details to follow...

No comments: